I ran across this list today via Twitter (original meme from The Broke and the Bookish). Almost none of it applies to me – except I really should read Allegiant – but it did make me think that I need another list in my life. Hahaha. (like a fish needs a bicycle, is the honest truth)
Top ten bookish things I need to do:
- Finish my Goodreads challenge. I set myself up to read 60-some books this year. I don’t have any idea how far along I am in that, and I’m definitely not reading a book a week (though summer should be better). The last thing I finished was Minders.
- Increase traffic to the library’s Pinterest page. Right now it’s just new books in the library; we do lift a fair number of display ideas from other libraries’ Pinterest pages. I think really what this means is “get better at marketing.” Le sigh.
- Three titles JUST WAITING FOR ME: The Impossible Knife of Memory, Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore, Reality Boy.
- Read a whole book of poetry. Not an anthology – it will have to be a single volume by a single poet, else I will never get done. I love poetry, but I have to read it s-l-o-w-l-y, so it’s tough.
- Go to an author event at least once over the summer.
- Write every day. (I don’t know who I’m kidding with this one… it’s been on my list for years, and not a reality since high school. Life intervenes.)
- Talk my husband into reading The Fault In Our Stars before seeing the movie with him. He will appreciate the fact that it isn’t a fantasy novel.
- Make some book spine poems in the run-up to National Poetry Month. My library is kind of short on verbs, so this takes some effort… I think it’s easier with picture books than with YA.
- Always with the weeding. So much pressure.
- Set up my library with Overdrive for lending ebooks.
Usually my lists are less thematic and a little less attainable. What’s your Bookish Bucket List look like?